Webster’s defines a toxin as: “a poisonous substance that is a specific product of the metabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation.”
When most people hear the term “toxin” they envision an environmental catastrophe like the Exxon Valdez or Chernobyl. These events were obviously devastating to the environment, our ecosystem, and our collective health.
Scientists estimate that more than 4 billion pounds of toxic chemicals are released into the environment by industry each year, and more than 1.2 billion pounds of pesticides are used in the United States alone. Those pesticides permeate the foods that we eat. These are examples of environmental toxins that can cause adverse health conditions but there are also toxins that are produced within our own bodies. Those toxins are considered internal toxins.
Metabolic, bacterial, and viral waste can seriously damage our health if our bodies are not able to eliminate them organically. For example: if you have an impaired digestive tract, the waste material can stay in your body and be reabsorbed. Naturopathic and Holistic practitioners know this process as “auto-intoxication.” This could result in many known disorders such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS, Crohn’s disease, ADHD, Diabetes, Obesity, Diverticulitis, Depression, and Immune dysfunction (to name a few).
In addition to the onslaught of external and internal toxins we face:
- Our foods are increasingly nutrient depleted. This means that we must eat more food today to get the fuel that our bodies need. Our digestive systems are overworked!
- Much of our foods have no live enzymes and consist of high amounts of preservatives and man-made processed material. Our bodies were not designed to digest unnatural substances. Enzymes are paramount to the metabolic and detoxification processes. Simply put; much of our food is “dead!”
- Prolific Antibiotic use in our food compromises our digestive balance. Antibiotics also kill the “Good bacteria” that is essential to proper colon health. Without these bacterium, our digestive immune systems become overburdened. Microbial parasites such as Candida can take over. Chronic constipation can take hold and auto-intoxication begins. You know the rest!
Consider these facts when contemplating whether to Detoxify:
- The average American has over 15 pounds of undigested waste material in his/her colon.
- Colon Cancer is the second leading cause of mortality among all cancers according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
- It is estimated by the National Institute of Health (NIH) that 30% of the North American population is infested with internal parasites.
- Parasitic infections are the number one killer of all diseases worldwide.
- It is estimated that over 70% of our population is affected by Candida (microbial parasites).
- The NIH, CDC and the Surgeon General name Obesity as the number one danger to our health today.
WE BELIEVE THAT YOUR AMAZING BODY CAN OVERCOME MANY OF THE CHALLENGES THAT IT FACES EVERYDAY (WITH A LITTLE HELP).
We offer these Detoxification therapies and products to assist you in unloading the toxic burden that is affecting your overall health and wellbeing:
- Colon Hydro-Therapy
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Hyper-thermic Ozone Sauna
- Ion Detox Footbath
- Herbal Detoxification Products
- Tai Chi for Health Classes
- Cupping Massage
- Hypnosis and Motivational Seminars
- Personal Fitness Training
- Natural Medical Weight Loss
Call today to start your Detoxification Program.
Your Health Can’t wait.
TheIntrinsic Wellness Center
This website is not intended as a substitute for the advice and treatment of a licensed medical professional. The content of the The Intrinsic Wellness Center’s website is presented for educational purposes and the free exchange of ideas and information in relation to health and wellness only. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition, or to prescribe a product(s) or service(s).